Friday, May 1, 2015

Ben E. King: Dead at 76

Back in 1961 he ruled the airwaves with his legendary hit ?Stand By Me? and sadly Ben E. King passed away on Thursday (April 30).

The 76-year-old crooner began his career as a member of The Drifters and scored success with songs like ?Save the Last Dance For Me,? ?This Magic Moment? and ?There Goes My Baby.?

Following his recording heyday, King created the Stand By Me Foundation to improve the quality of life for people struggling with poverty, education, addiction and other serious issues.

King?s fellow musician and friend Gary U.S. Bonds posted a message on Facebook to mourn his loss- ?With an extremely heavy heart, I must say goodbye to one of the sweetest, gentlest and gifted souls that I have had the privilege of knowing and calling my friend for more than 50 years. Speaking for myself, my family & my Roadhouse Rockers family, I can tell you that Ben E. will be missed more than words can say. Our sincere condolences go out to Betty and the entire family. Thank you Ben E. for your friendship and the wonderful legacy you leave behind.?

Source: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrity-deaths/ben-e-king-1652762

Kobe Bryant Zach Braff Chris Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment