Friday, July 4, 2014

Nicki Minaj Back Tracks On Acceptance Speech Shade ALLEGEDLY Toward Iggy Azalea + Iggy Is FED UP With Online Pettiness

 photo nickibetawards.jpg

Seems like Nicki Minaj is doing a little backtracking…kinda. She is speaking out against rumors that she was taking jabs at Iggy Azalea during her acceptance speech at the 2014 BET Awards. See what YMCMB’s first lady had to say and see what Iggy has to say about it all inside….

During the 2014 BET Awards, Nicki Minaj was crowned the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist for the fifth year in a row. Nice feat…but it was what she said after accepting her award that had many people believing she was shading another female raptress in the category, Iggy Azalea.

After she won the award the “Pills N Potions” rapper said, “What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it." Fans starting yelling then she added “Noooo No shade. Noo Noooo no shade,” in one of those I’m-definitely-shading-someone-but-won’t-admit-it voices. Mmhmm...

Now…Nicki is responding to the all of the rumors stemming from her speech and of course, took to her Twitter to set the record straight.

She tweeted:

 

 

  

  

 

 

She then said she has congratulated Iggy publicly and all the women in the category should be proud:

 

The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us!

I believe we're smart enough to write down our own thoughts and perspective, just like the men do. I've been saying this for 5 YEARS

I fell in love with Lauryn Hill b/c I knew she was the author behind those amazingly profound and articulated songs on the MisEducation

I wondered how Lauryn tapped into my brain and wrote an album on love, betrayal, passion, pain, triumph, brokenness.... Did she read minds?

It's the same reason I have a different level of respect for Missy. I know she's a writer and a producer. Women MUST aspire for more.

I've congratulated Iggy on the success of Fancy, publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud.

That will never change my desire to motivate women to write. Our voices have to be heard. I hope I inspire up & coming females to do that.
 

So...who were you shading Nicki?

And let’s not forget about her near death experience she also shared. She claimed she thought she was dying one night and thought her life was over... but didn’t want to call an ambulance because she didn’t want it blasted on TMZ.  Alrighty then.

Check it below:

Iggy is now responding to all of the madness. The “Fancy” raptress said she’s tired of online pettiness and wishes everyone would stop trying to pit her against other people all the time:

 photo iggyresponds.png

 

She posted the above message with the caption, "This is my mind state about everything & the only time I'm ever going to refer to this again so go nuts guys, Enjoy it. Ps. If you squint exxxtra hard you can see tiny elves having illuminati meetings between the lines in my notes app too."

Well, welcome to the rap game you were just clamoring to be in Iggy.

Although she didn’t win Best Female Hip Hop Artist at the BET Awards, she did break another record. Her hit track “Fancy” earned the Aussie raptress the title of the longest-leading No. 1 by a female rapper. This is her sixth week at the No.1 spot, beating out Lil Kim who spent 5 weeks at the top with her 2001 collaboration track "Lady Marmalade.” 

Photos: Kevin Winter/Getty

Source: http://theybf.com/2014/07/02/nicki-minaj-back-tracks-on-acceptance-speech-shade-allegedly-toward-iggy-azalea-iggy-is

Scarlett Johannson Harrison Ford Olivia Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment