Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Robert Pattinson Opens Up About Kristen Stewart in Esquire September 2014: "Sh*t Happens, You Know?"

He's one of Hollywood's hottest leading men and has plenty of films on the horizon, but Robert Pattinson took a beat to cover the September 2014 issue of Esquire magazine.

During his revealing Q&A session, the "Twilight" star opened up about his faulty romance with Kristen Stewart and his interesting interview on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

Check out highlights from Robert's interview below and for more, head over to Esquire!

On his Kimmel interview when he discussed his "heavy saliva:"
?OK, I can explain. On all those talk shows you have to do a pre-interview with some producer the day before. And then a second before you go on, they tell you what you said in the pre-interview to prep you for it ? and then you have to go and say it all again. So, I was sitting there with Jimmy, and that story I said the day before suddenly seemed not funny at all. I mean it wasn?t that funny in the first place and now I?ve got to perform this unfunny story which Jimmy?s going to fake laugh at it, and? I just can?t take it. So I started panicking. I was literally pouring with sweat. And I felt myself drooling. I thought, ?Oh my God, I?m starting to drool.? So, I made up this stupid story about having heavy saliva, and Jimmy?s face just went, ?What the f**k are you talking about?? As soon as I saw his face, I felt much better! I was back in my comfort zone!?

On his idea of manliness:
"My ideal of manliness is to be incapable of doing anything...Be proud of your ignorance. ?Don?t ask me, I?m a man! Get someone else to do it!? It?s funny, the less and less you do, the more the mountain of doing something grows. These days, just making a phone call is exhausting."

On the paparazzi:
?I don?t understand why [they decide to follow me]. I think it goes through periods where you?re assigned ?this is the guy to follow?. But whenever I see a bunch of paparazzi hanging out, I always think, ?Oh God, what have they found out!? Oh, THAT love child! I totally forgot!?

On starring in another franchise series:
?A couple of offers, but with those things, if you express any interest, you have to do a screen test or whatever, and they make you sign a six-picture deal before you even know what the part is. It?s crazy. And I didn?t grow up reading comic books and stuff, so??

On acting:
?From my cod-psychoanalysis of myself, I think I do it for myself. I like to see if I?m capable of something, and I don?t really care what people think, even though I read all the reviews. If it really mattered, it would have destroyed me years ago.?

On if his "Twilight" audience will follow his indie films:
"They won?t go. I?ve said that from the beginning. Also, I?m trying to do stuff that will confuse an audience. When you watch a Joaquin Phoenix movie, his performance doesn?t remind you of his other performances. That element of being an actor is almost completely gone.?

On the moment he knew he was famous:
?I remember when it happened. I was going to clubs in LA and you had to call the promoters ahead of time to get on the guest list. But one time I forgot to call, and I was on the list anyway. That?s when I knew. I showed up with mustard down my T-shirt and they?re like giving me the wink, ?Yeah, man, you?re on the list.??

On his relationship with Kristen:
?Sh*t happens, you know? It?s just young people? it?s normal! And honestly, who gives a sh*t? The hardest part was talking about it afterwards. Because when you talk about other people, it affects them in ways you can?t predict. It?s like that scene in Doubt [2008, in which Philip Seymour Hoffman plays a priest suspected of inappropriate behaviour], where he?s talking about how to take back gossip? They throw all those feathers from a pillow into the sky and you?ve got to go and collect all the feathers.?

Source: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/robert-pattinson/robert-pattinson-opens-about-kristen-stewart-esquire-september-2014-sht-happens-you

Tom Cruise Prince William Blake Lively

No comments:

Post a Comment