Monday, December 22, 2014

Natalie Portman: ?Star Wars? Hurt My Acting Career

Public opinion can make or break an actress, and after Natalie Portman's ?Star Wars? prequels were critically panned, she found it hard to get her ducks in a row.

The ?Garden State? gal told New York magazine that late director Mike Nichols helped her figure things out and essentially gave her another chance at a longstanding career in Tinseltown. Natalie explained, "'Star Wars' had come out around the time of 'Seagull,' and everyone thought I was a horrible actress. I was in the biggest-grossing movie of the decade, and no director wanted to work with me. Mike wrote a letter to Anthony Minghella and said, 'Put her in Cold Mountain, I vouch for her.'"

?Star Wars: Episode VII- The Force Awakens? Trailer is Here: Watch Now!

"And then Anthony passed me on to Tom Tykwer, who passed me on to the Wachowskis. I worked with Milos Forman a few years later. He said, 'Mike saved me. He wrote a letter so that I could get asylum in the U.S.' He did that for 50 people, and it doesn't make any one of us feel less special."

Source: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/natalie-portman/natalie-portman-%E2%80%9Cstar-wars%E2%80%9D-hurt-my-acting-career-1228350

Miley Cyrus Taylor Swift Ben Affleck

No comments:

Post a Comment