Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Michael Phelps Apologizes for DUI Arrest on Twitter

He's a recognized althete and public figure, so when Michael Phelps was arrested for driving under the influence, he knew there was a responsibility to speak about his actions.

Earlier Tuesday morning (September 30), the Olympic gold medalist was stopped by police around 2 a.m. while driving his Range Rover in Maryland. When police questioned him, he was required to perform a sobriety test, which he then failed. In addition, Phelps was reportedly twice the legal limit according to his blood alcohol content.

Later this afternoon, Phelps issued an apology via Twitter that read, "Earlier this morning, I was arrested and charged with DUI, excessive speeding and crossing double lane lines."

"I understand the severity of my actions and take full responsibility," the 29-year-old added. "I know these words may not mean much right now but I am deeply sorry to everyone I have let down."

Source: http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/michael-phelps/michael-phelps-apologizes-dui-arrest-twitter-1622560

Kobe Bryant Zach Braff Chris Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment