Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Sexy Omari Hardwick Talks ?Power?, How He Stays In Shape & INTERESTING Things You DIDN'T Know About Him

 photo omari1.jpg

Ghost, we mean the sexy Omari Hardwick, is revealing secrets. And we can’t wait to share. Find out how Omari keeps his toned physique, what it’s like collaborating with 50 Cent on “Power” AND reveals something we never knew about his musical side. Get it all and more inside….

If you haven’t been keeping up with 50 Cent’s STARZ drama series “Power,” you need to get your life.

The sexiness that is Omari Hardwick plays “Ghost,” a no-nonsense drug-kingpin who opens a high-profile nightclub in NYC to “hide” all of his illegal activity he has going on behind-the-scenes. The problem is, he’s trying to break away from the world of crime but his wife, best friend and drug associates won’t allow him to. Meanwhile, he has rekindled a relationship with a former love and is in a full fledged erotic affair (again)! Tsk…tsk…

 photo power1.jpg

The season finale is on deck.  But before we’re knocked out of our seats tomorrow night, Omari did an interview giving us a better understanding of who he is and revealed a few things we never knew!

During an interview with The New Potato, Omari dished on how he prepared himself to play “Ghost,” what it’s like to collaborate with 50 Cent, how he keeps that beautiful body of his so perfect AND reveals that he writes music. In fact, he’s written a few tracks for Estelle’s new album!

Here are the highlights:

What’s it like collaborating with 50 Cent on Power?
It was an amazing gift. He was so generous and brilliant; I was pleasantly surprised to see how active he was in the process of a major network show. He has remained more present now that they’ve finished the season; that says something. I speak to him twice a week for two to three hours. He’s been a constant. He’s become a really good friend and we’ve learned a lot from each other.

Best advice from him so far…
He never sleeps or eats! He’s constantly telling me that he “whistles while he works.” [He emphasizes] having joy in your work and being able to push through exhaustion because of that joy.

Did you do anything to prepare for your part as Ghost? Was there research? If so, what?
I went outside Queens, NY where he’s from, and I watched loads and loads of documentaries. I watched a lot of The Cosby Show; I wanted to tap into the great father that he is. I’m constantly doing research while playing him.

The greatest discovery you’ve made so far playing Ghost…
How delusional, narcissistic and loving people can be, all at the same time. I never would have guessed you could be all of those things at once.

Is Power an accurate portrayal of the New York club scene? How so?
I think so. It captures the star status of the DJ: the international sound, the techno mixed with rap, and the lavish look (shout out to Anthony Hemingway; he made it look just right). The only thing that is not truthful is the lack of celebrity.

Three things nobody knows about you…
1. I’m a songwriter. I wrote three or four songs for Estelle’s new album.
2. When I’m washing the dishes, if I’m scraping food off the plate, I personify the vegetables. They have to go down the drain at the same time, like a family. I don’t know if that is OCD or I just have a high level of sensitivity about vegetables.
3. I’m secretly a cowboy. I got my first boots from my grandfather when I was five-years-old. Our way of saying “Are you good?” is to say, ”You got your boots?” I wear my cowboy boots a lot.

From start to finish, what would be your ideal food day?
I would say for breakfast, I’m pretty OCD. It’s oatmeal with fresh berries and brown sugar, or toast and egg whites with turkey – and some orange juice and water.

For lunch, I would say pasta to keep the energy going for the day – maybe a bowtie pasta with tomato sauce and meatballs, sometimes with turkey meat. Also some steamed vegetables or a mixed salad with avocado and fruit. I tend to drink water all day, but maybe a ginger ale for lunch. I also like to treat myself to an oatmeal cookie.

For dinner, pecan-crusted salmon if I’m feeling good or had a good workout. If not, just grilled salmon with asparagus and mashed potatoes. If I’m in a rush in Los Angeles, there is a place called Tender Greens that’s really good, fresh and inexpensive.

What are your workout routines?
I switch it up so much to trick my body. I’m doing Bikram yoga this week, but I take a lot of boxing classes. I also do sprints in the pool, a lot of hiking, sprinting up hills, meditation, and isometric work where I’m able to engage my core. I also play basketball when I can. My secret is drinking a lot of water, especially when I’m working.

Check out the full interview here.

What can't this man do...

 

BONUS:

 photo power2.jpg

Looks like ish is getting real on the "Power" season finale. Above, Ghost and his right hand man Tommy are tied up and blindfolded in the sneak peak. Ms. Pink Sneakers has lost her mind. Find out what happens Saturday, August 2nd at 9pm ET on STARZ.

Photos: Getty
 

Source: http://theybf.com/2014/08/01/the-sexy-omari-hardwick-talks-%E2%80%9Cpower%E2%80%9D-how-he-stays-in-shape-interesting-things-you-didnt

Carrie Underwood Khloe Kardashian Jessica Simpson

No comments:

Post a Comment